Tuesday, June 10, 2008

One Week














Hard to believe I've been here for a week.  It has gone by really fast, yet I can't believe all I've gotten accomplished.  The past two days I've been doing another major component to my trip- painting.  I've had 'the itch' the past couple of days and have been working on some drawings, but knew that I was needing to get some painting time in.  I normally don't show my work in such an unfinished state, but I wanted to still post what I've been up to recently.  All the work shown is very much a work in progress.
The above painting is actually done from the top floor of my apartment building.  There are open-air stairs, probably for a fire escape, and I was able to work 'outside' on the 11th floor.

  










This was done in my apartment from some photographs and drawings.











I did this on sight standing on a bridge over the Sumidagawa River.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Ben,

One week is probably the length of a typical tourist's long stay, so now you move into resident status.

What are you eating these days, food is sooo telling. Have you found a fav. restaurant, or grocery store? Cooking on your two burner stove?

Cool paintings and drawings! Must be difficult to plant yourself in one place for so long.

Tricia said...

Recognized the second painting from one of your shots of Toyko. What great inspiration, would be hard to sleep with so much to do and see.

JP said...

Go, go, go.

Megan said...

Those look great - I'll take one for Christmas.