Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sekaido Art Store











For those non-artists, I hope that this post isn't too boring.  But, I had to do it for those artists out there reading this (Scott).  This is Sekaido Art Store, the biggest and best art store I have ever been to in my entire life.  That says a lot, because I feel like I've been to some pretty incredible art stores. 











This store was a jam-packed, 7 full floors!  This was the 3rd floor, just oil painting supplies.  I could have blown my entire budget here easily.  But, I stayed on task with only what I needed.  However, I can't say I won't come back again and maybe pick up a few extra things.












The oil paint area.  This entire wall was covered with all the brands and colors one could imagine buying.  I couldn't even fit in the whole wall, it was so huge!












This is just the canvas and stretcher bar area.  All sizes and types of canvas you could ever need, including pre-primed canvas and linen.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Whoa, hang on to your yens, Ben! Talk about a kid in a candy store. With such a well stocked art store, there must be areas of Tokyo with contemporary art galleries?

Chris Sobieniak said...

Shame their webpage isn't in English, nor do I think they ship internationally or it would really help those of us out.